Thursday 12 February 2009

The week that was.

What a tragic, tragic week. The Victorian Bushfires.

As we all come to grips with the tragedy of our Blackest Day, any words I can think of to express my grief seem so inadequate. It has occupied almost all of my thoughts this week. In my community (40 mins away) we all know people who have lost homes and some have lost friends. As the week has unfolded we have started to understand how this all happened. This was no ordinary bushfire, it is now being called a fire storm. Really it was a fire hurricane, totally unpredictable.

The stories told this week are so very tragic, too tragic, the toll too high.

It is amazing though to see outpouring of love and generosity from fellow Australians, organisations, the government, and even other nations. But it will be a very long time before the healing begins.

There are plenty of ways to help and reach out. Please reach out.

PS. We pray that these our CFA get a chance to break the back of these fires.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. God bless you!

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

I am speechless. How devastating. We are Praying for you all.