Monday 16 November 2009

3 Tops::Part 1

So, as I said the other day, I have been doing a little sewing. I have made three tops, a couple of nighties and have another dress cut out. And almost all of it is for me! That certainly makes a change.

IMG_7795

This is the first top which I sewed a month or so ago. I traced the pattern off another top, which I loved. It has a couple of simple but nice features: the wide neckline (almost a boat neck) and way the shoulder seams sits just over the shoulder, not centred. This is accentuated by the two different fabrics, both from Darn Cheap. The front is a lovely soft cotton sateen and the back is a knit. The colour in the photo below is a little more accurate.

IMG_7804

All of the loose tops this season are very easy to sew and this one was no exception AND I actually wear it!

2 comments:

Cosy said...

Your top looks beautiful. It's the best thing when you find a style that you love. Even better when you can make them for yourself.

Stay cool!

Carolyn

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Beautiful colour and I love the mix of fabrics, looks very pretty on too,

Sarah x