Thursday 7 August 2008

As Promised

I am so glad you all enjoyed the Lemon Cake so much. Here is the Chocolate Cake recipe, as promised. I would like to point out that both of these recipes are just your everyday, fill-the-lunch boxes type recipes. I have other Lemon and Chocolate Cake recipes for more special occasions. What makes these recipes noteworthy is the ease with which they are made.



This chocolate cake had been handed around my sewing circle and it originated with Nikki. It is such a classic, basic chocolate cake recipe. Another melted butter/oil recipe aka throw it all in together and mix.

Nikki's Chocolate Cake (at least that's what I call it because Nikki gave it to us)

200g melted butter or 3/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1 1/2cup sugar
3 dessertspoons cocoa
vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk

Sift flour and cocoa and add all other ingredients. Beat. Pour into greased tin. Bake 180’ for 45-50 mins. You can ice it with chocolate icing when it is cooled but I usually just serve it dusted with icing sugar.

Get the kids to cook it, it is that easy!

1 comment:

Louise said...

Ha, I knew it was the same as my Chocolate Simplicity Cake, it's just bigger. Mine only has 125g butter, 1 cup flour and sugar (I only put in half the sugar now), 2 eggs, half cup milk and I add 4 tblspns cocoa to make it nice and dark. It is THE best cake recipe in the world - quick, easy and failproof!